THE WGMI MOVEMENT LTD – PRIVACY NOTICE
The WGMI Movement Ltd (“us”, or “we”) are the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
We collect and process personal information when you:
· contact or request information from us in any other way;
· communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies; or
· visit our website in order to redeem your rewards (including filling in forms on our site to do so or enter our competitions, contests, challenges, quizzes and/or other events which we may make available to you from time to time).
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
· to provide you with the information you have requested or to allow you to redeem your rewards;
· for system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
· to provide customer support;
· to notify you of any changes to our services;
· for security and fraud prevention;
· to ensure that our website is safe and secure; and
· to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
We may collect and process contact details (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number), demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual) or other ID documentation, solely for the purpose of allowing you to redeem rewards.
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call us as well as the correspondence and the period of time it took for us to deal with a query or any request you had.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device.
This type of information may include the following:
· information about your device, operating system and IP address;
· browser type and version; and
· information about your visit on our website, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
· Session cookies: These allow our site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
· Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your preferences or actions across the site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
· Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
· Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our site, e.g. which pages you go to most often.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies or otherwise withdraw your consent in relation to cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the site.
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
· Consent: Where you have given us your consent to process your personal data.
· Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
· Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you want to redeem a reward and we need to use your contact details/identity documentation in order to process this.
· Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information.
Our website is not intended for, and should not be used by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18.
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers, where they are helping us to provide you with your rewards. We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
· in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets or if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
· to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details below.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services such as crypto exchanges and marketplaces. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and terms and conditions and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy notices/terms and conditions before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website. The date this privacy notice was last updated appears at the bottom.
Our registered offices are located at 7 Savoy Court, London, United Kingdom, WC2R 0EX.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in April 2022